Amazon Prime Day is back and promises to be better than ever for 2018!
Last year, we were caught a little off guard by all the 3D printing deals. This year, I made a resolution to not miss a deal.
With this in mind, I’ve created this handy Prime Day 3D printing deals tracker which I’ll be updated in the lead up and during Prime Day with the very best curated deals.
Best Prime Day 3D Printer Deals List
Here goes it goes my list of the best Prime Day deals on 3D printers:
- FlashForge Creator Pro Deal: This classic 3D printer is getting a special TBA lightning deal here – Deal set to go live around 11:05 AM EST on Tuesday.
- RepRap DIY Pruse I3 Deal: This well regarded DIY printer is on sale for 30% off – Deal is LIVE for Prime Day.
- Dremel Digilab Idea Builder Deal: This capable printer is now on sale for a record 58% off at this listing – Deal is LIVE now for Prime Day.
- Lulzbot Mini Deal: This award winning desktop printer is going on sale for a TBD flash deal – Deal starts around 3:09 AM EST on Tuesday.
- Robo C2 Smart 3D Printer Deal: This smart printer comes with WiFi app capability and is discounted here for 26% off now for Prime Day.
- Anycubic I3 Heated Base Printer Deal: This is going to go on sale here for a TBD discount. Deal live at 6:24 PM Eastern on Monday.
RepRap Guru Deal – Get 30% off the RepRap Guru 3D Printer here (Spotlight Deal – Monday night) Monoprice Maker Select Plus Deal – Save 10% off at this listing – Live now for Prime Day Only Robo 3D C2 Deal – Save 12% at this deal listing – Live now for Prime Day only XYZprinting da Vinci Mini Deal – Claim 26% off this lightning deal here – Live now [TUESDAY] XYZprinting da Vinci 1.0 Deal – Claim this lightning deal for 36% off here – Live Lightning deal (while supplies last) Sindoh 3D Printer Deal – Watch this listing for the TBA lightning discount + $259.80 coupon – Live at 7:24 PM EDT [TUESDAY] LulzBot Mini 3D Printer Deal – Watch this listing to save TBA discount on the LulzBot Mini – Live at 8:39 PM EDT [TUESDAY] LulzBot Tax 6 3D Printer Deal – Watch this listing here to save TBA discount on the TAZ 6 – Live at 8:39 PM EDT [TUESDAY]
I’ve also included deals in specific categories below:
A Preview of Prime Day – What to Expect
When is Prime Day 2017?
Prime Day will officially get started Monday , July 10th at 9:00 PM EDT / 6:00 PM PDT and will run for a full 30 hours through Tuesday July 11th.
There will also be some Prime Day discounts available in the lead up to Prime Day, starting on July 5-6th. These deals in the 3D printing space will also be update on this page above.
Lightning Deal vs Deal of the Day
It’s important to note the difference here. Lightning Deals are generally only available for a specific time period and only while supplies last. Last year, some lightning deals were gone in mere minutes, while before the stated expiration!
Deal of Day items will generally be available throughout the entire day. While they might run out of stock, the discount will usually be locked in and available for delayed shipment.
How to Spot a Good 3D Printer Deal
Just because it goes on sale, doesn’t mean that it automatically is a great deal. Last year, there was an undercurrent of #primedayfail deals that weren’t as great as they seemed. By and large, most of the deals are discounted heavily, but here are a few points:
- Use Curated Lists: This page is a perfect example. Watching Amazon all day can be overwhelming. Pages like this only
- Create a “Wish List”: To avoid overspending on things you don’t really need, create a list of items that you want to pick up ahead of time. If it goes on sale, snap it up. Otherwise, save your money!
- Look for Reputable Brands: This is the #1 thing I recommend people to look for. If you haven’t heard of the brand, it might not be a great deal. There are lots of knock-offs from China (and elsewhere) that don’t have a solid track record. If you are ever in doubt, be sure to check this page because I will only be sharing legit deals from legit brands.