It is an excellent time to be into 3D printing. For one, printers are getting more powerful and capable while their prices continue to drop. And you have several options when it comes to 3D modeling and rendering. Two of the best programs out there are AutoCAD and Sketchup, and you are wondering which one is better.
Main Differences Between AutoCAD vs Sketchup
The main differences between AutoCAD vs Sketchup are:
- AutoCAD is a computer-aided design software, whereas Sketchup is a 3D-modeling program.
- AutoCAD is more geared towards professional users, whereas Sketchup is an excellent option for hobbyists.
- AutoCAD is more expensive, whereas you can save some dollars when you go with Sketchup.
- AutoCAD offers compatibility with more file formats, whereas Sketchup is simpler to use and master.
What Is Autodesk AutoCAD?
MakerGear Ultra One is a heavy-duty 3D printer created for professional industrial markets. But it can also be used for business, educational, and personal purposes. It boasts a riveted sheet metal enclosure that allows it to print a wide variety of engineering-grade models and large-scale parts.
This ultra-durable and flexible 3D printer has a build volume of 16 by 14 by 13 inches (406.4 by 355.6 by 330.2 millimeters) and delivers high-quality FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication) prints with speed and precision. It prints at high temperatures, so it can work with a variety of filaments, including Nylon, polycarbonate, polypropylene, metal composites, carbon fiber composites, wood composites, and more 1.75-millimeter filaments.
It also works with a variety of plastic filaments such as ABS, HIPS, PET-G, PET-T, PLA, ASA, BVOH, TPE, and TPU. Its heated build plate, which is made of Borosilicate Glass Plate with a polyimide film coating, can reach a temperature of up to 140 degrees Celci
When you want to come up with your own designs for 3D printing, there is several computer-aided design software that you can use. Two of the best are Blender and Autodesk Fusion 360. Both are widely used and have a range of features that you can use. But which one should you choose?
Main Differences Between Blender vs Fusion 360
The main differences between Blender vs Fusion 360 are:
- Blender has a confusing user interface, whereas Fusion 360 has a more intuitive user interface that relies on drop-down menus.
- Blender requires plugins so it can work well with 3D printing, whereas Fusion 360 has more advanced and enhanced 3D modeling and printing tool.
- Blender is free to use with an open-source license, whereas Fusion 360 costs around $500 and is free only for hobbyists and start-ups earns no more than $100,000 annually.
Read on as we discu
There are three main components that you need for 3D printing: the filaments, the 3D printer, and the slicing software. There are several slicing programs available right now, but two of the most popular are Slic3r and Simplify3D.
Main Differences Between Simplify3D vs Splic3r
The Main Differences Between Simplify3D vs Splic3r are:
- Splic3r is geared towards professional and advanced users, whereas Simplify3D is ideal for beginners.
- Simplify3D costs $150, whereas Splic3r is free.
- Splic3r is constantly being upgraded, whereas Simplify3D’s upgrades are few and far between.
- Simplify3D is not compatible with Linux machines, whereas Splic3r is.
Now let’s delve deeper into the differences between Slic3r and Simplify3D.
Slic3r is an open-source slicing software that is very popular with 3D printing enthusiasts. It may be free, but it has some of the most useful and powerful features available today.
The Peopoly Moai is a stereolithography apparatus (SLA) printer, which uses resins to create models, patterns, parts, and prototypes. Simply put, it is a resin 3D printer. And to create a high-resolution three-dimensional product, it does its printing layer by layer.
The thing with SLA printers is that they are often more expensive than fused deposition modeling (FDM) printers. In fact, the Peopoly Moai costs more than $1,000, which is way more than the cost of some higher-end FDM printers.
Peopoly Moai: What You Should Know
One thing that can describe the Peopoly Moai is that it’s big. It stands around 26 inches tall and looks rather severe with its dark plastic casing. The front has the control dial, the small LED screen, and the power button.
When you open the door, you will find the print area, which can create objects with dimensions of around 7 by 5.1 by 5.1 inches. This means that the Peopoly Moai can easily handle
Creality has always been coming out with a 3D printer that has good print quality at prices that you will love. There are a lot of Ender models out there, with the company coming out with Pro and Plus versions of different models. The Creality Ender 3 and Ender 5 are two of the company’s best known 3D printers.
How does one compare to the other? Which one is the better printer for your needs?
Main Differences Between Creality Ender 3 vs Ender 5
The Main Differences Between Creality Ender 3 vs Ender 5
- The Ender 5 has a bigger build volume at 8.7 by 8.7 by 11.8 inches, whereas Ender 3 only has a build volume of 8.7 by 8.7 by 9.8 inches.
- The Ender 5 is easy to set up and takes only around half an hour to finish the assembly with an easy to understand user guide, whereas the Ender 3 takes significantly longer with an estimated assembly time of around two to three hours.
- The Ender 5 uses an MK10 hot end, whereas Ender 3 uses an earlier vers
Slicing programs are very important when you are into 3D printing. You should choose two things very carefully: your 3D printer and the slicing program that you use. There are several options when it comes to slicers, and each one has its charms and pitfalls.
Two of the most talked-about slicers out there are the Ultimaker Cura and Slic3r. These open-source programs both have a solid community behind them. They also offer an excellent set of features that you wouldn’t expect a free program to offer.
Which one is better for you?
Main Differences Between Ultimaker Cura vs Slic3r
The Main Differences Between Ultimaker Cura vs Slic3r
- Ultimaker Cura has two layouts — recommended for beginners and custom for more advanced users, whereas Slic3r uses categories and sub-categories to organize its settings.
- Ultimaker Cura allows for easy positioning and rotation for your models, whereas Slic3r’s movement icons are quite difficult to master.
You probably bought a 3D printer before and was disappointed when the print quality became bad after a while. Or you may have gotten frustrated because your prints failed more often than not. We can relate to the disappointment and frustration that you feel, but there are simple fixes for these. Modifications and upgrades are your best bets if your 3D printer does not behave the way you want it to.
Some upgrades can help you avoid failures with your prints. There are also those that help keep your 3D printer safe from dust, and more importantly, improves the quality of your prints. And if you have the Creality Ender 5, you’re in luck: this 3D printer has a lot of quick and easy upgrades that are readily available because of the vibrant community behind it, as well as the enterprising manufacturers that create products that are compatible to this model.
So what are the best upgrades for Creality Ender 5 today? Here’s our top ten: